Onions ‘n Sauce Recipe for Sabrett Hot Dogs
By Mary Mc Crory, Bronx, NY
Home made taste that goes great on Sabrett All Beef Natural Casing and Skinless Hot Dogs
1/3 cup olive oil
6 large onions, chopped
1 gallon water
1 ½ cup tomato paste
1/3 cup corn syrup (can sub
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Saute onions in oil for around 5 minutes, until onions are clear and soft but not brown.
3. Add water, tomato paste, corn syrup, cornstarch, salt, and red
pepper flakes, stir.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add vinegar. Continue to simmer for until most of the liquid is reduced and the sauce is thick.
Makes about 5 cups.