Onions and Sauce
Onions ‘n Sauce Recipe for Sabrett Hot Dogs
By Mary Mc Crory, Bronx, NY
Home made taste that goes great on Sabrett All Beef Natural Casing and Skinless Hot Dogs
1/3 cup olive oil
6 large onions, chopped
1 gallon water
1 ½ cup tomato paste
1/3 cup corn syrup (can sub
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Saute onions in oil for around 5 minutes, until onions are clear and soft but not brown.
3. Add water, tomato paste, corn syrup, cornstarch, salt, and red
pepper flakes, stir.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add vinegar. Continue to simmer for until most of the liquid is reduced and the sauce is thick.
Makes about 5 cups.